I have released the Moo2v140b23 patch today. I made a number of changes in order to improve the stability of the game. Hopefully these changes with help reduce the number of crashes during gameplay.
The fixes are as follows:
- Corrected a problem with the /nohousing switch which could cause it to only apply to players that had the switch on their command line. All players should now receive the settings from the host.
- Corrected another problem where the /nohousing switch could override the settings stored in a saved game when loaded. This included the stored settings for some other switches. Now the settings should be loaded from the save game file and command line switches should not have and effect on a loaded game.
- Fixed a problem with black hole generators that caused them not to destroy ships when ship initiative was enabled.
- Fixed a problem in a display redraw routing that sometimes resulted in memory outside the VESA display memory window to be overwritten. This bug could cause random crashes and lockups.
- Fixed another problem with a display redraw routing that sometimes resulted in memory outside of the video frame buffers to be overwritten. This could cause parts of the save game to become corrupted, random crashes, and other strange behavior.
- Fixed a problem that could cause the game to crash when a player was using tractor beams.