May 22, 2006

Moo2v140b23 patch released

I have released the Moo2v140b23 patch today. I made a number of changes in order to improve the stability of the game. Hopefully these changes with help reduce the number of crashes during gameplay.

The fixes are as follows:

  • Corrected a problem with the /nohousing switch which could cause it to only apply to players that had the switch on their command line. All players should now receive the settings from the host.
  • Corrected another problem where the /nohousing switch could override the settings stored in a saved game when loaded. This included the stored settings for some other switches. Now the settings should be loaded from the save game file and command line switches should not have and effect on a loaded game.
  • Fixed a problem with black hole generators that caused them not to destroy ships when ship initiative was enabled.
  • Fixed a problem in a display redraw routing that sometimes resulted in memory outside the VESA display memory window to be overwritten. This bug could cause random crashes and lockups.
  • Fixed another problem with a display redraw routing that sometimes resulted in memory outside of the video frame buffers to be overwritten. This could cause parts of the save game to become corrupted, random crashes, and other strange behavior.
  • Fixed a problem that could cause the game to crash when a player was using tractor beams.

May 08, 2006

Site maintenance completed.

I have been doing a little maintenance on this website as well has the Kali League Ladder website over the past little while. I believe things are mostly completed. The ladder is running and people seem to be using it again.

Here is a list of what has been fixed on the Ladder site:

  • People could not find where to login on the Ladder. The login option did not appear on the main page of the site if you deleted your cookies.
  • People could not navigate the site properly if they did not have internet explorer. Most other web browsers did not display the site correctly.
  • Some of the tables overflowed and as a result the pages did not display correctly.
  • Some users had problems with their ELO ranking on the Ladder(partly fixed)

I also updated my blog and forum:
  • The forum software needed some security updates.
  • The blog site had some minor html coding problems in the downloads page. This caused many articles from the blog not to be indexed by Google. Now all articles can be found through google search.
  • Improved the sites page rank by registering in several internet directories.
  • Added a new download. A nice moo2 editor.

Hopefully we will see more visitors in the near future...

Copyright 2005-2015 Shawn Meunier