I have been working on the patch quite a bit recently. He are the things I have completed so far:
- Corrected the problem that cause the "Please load VESA.COM" error even when you have a VESA VBE enabled video card. This eliminates the need for vesawrap except when you go to run the game installer.
- Corrected bug that occurs with ships equipped with the Cloak or Phasing Cloak technology. These ships will no longer be visible to long range scans on the Galaxy Map.
- Corrected bug that occurs during combat with ships equipped with the Phasing Cloak technology. These ships should now always revert to regular cloaking after 10 rounds as the manual states.
- Added a /noscan switch. This switch will disable the scan button in combat so that detailed scans of ships will no longer be possible. Only quick scans will be possible by mousing over the ships.
- Fix the Annihilation bug that results in an indestructible planet that has 0 population.
- Add a /nohousing switch. The housing option will no longer be available from the build list so housing production will not be possible. Also, this switch will add +100% bonus to population growth. The bonus will be added into the growth formula exactly the same way that the +100% growth race pick is (in addition to the race pick).
- Fix the Blackhole Generator bug that only immobilizes ships.
- Add a cluster galaxy that has more stars in the same area as a large galaxy.