As some of you have noticed, I have not been updating this site much lately. I have been busy studying for some certification exams (100+ hours of study each) and have had little time to work on my other projects. I will try to set aside a little time to work on the 1.40b20 patch in the coming weeks as my studies are a little ahead of schedule.
Currently things are going well with the new patch development. I have completed the following:
- Fixed a bug that caused colony ships and outpost ships to be undeleted after they have been used to create a colony or outpost.
- Fixed the /noorion switch so that it removes Orion and the Guardian rather than moving the system off the map. A regular system is left in its place.
- Changed the /nobh switch so that the type of star the black hole is converted to is random rather than always red.
- Added 4K of data space and reduced the added code space to 28K (from 32K in previous patch). This will allow both code and data to be added to the exe in future patches without removing anything.
- /noscan The scan button during combat will be disabled. This will limit scanning. You will still be able to see what weapons have been fired or are available as your opponent selects them.
- /noreport The report button on the diplomacy screen will be disabled preventing you from seeing what technology your opponent has.
- /droids All players start out with the ability to build androids (all 3 types).